Monday, May 7, 2012

National Geographic

I woke up this morning to the alarm, then the dog licking my face and, lastly, a google alert got me on my feet.

My adorable dog and the exciting news to follow made my morning. The Baton Rouge newspaper, The Advocate, printed a piece about my oral history project in the New Orleans Ninth Ward (where I have roots). The article, Young Explorer, discusses  a grant I received from the National Geographic Society to conduct the research. After the story was printed this morning, I noticed on my stats that a lot of people were finding my blog via a google search.  If you guys were googling me because you are interested in participating in my project please contact me at yourstorynola@gmail.com and for more info please visit carolinegerdes.com.


The size of the photo makes me blush, but finding participants for the project is worth my mild discomfort.   



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips