Thursday, August 16, 2012

Liebster Awards


Hello All!  It has come to my attention that my lovely friend Haley has nominated me for a Liebster Award.

Here's the rundown of what that means (according to Haley's blog): "The Liebster Award is for blogs that have 200 followers or less. The word "Liebster" is German for kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, valued, cute, pleasant, endearing and welcome. It's a great opportunity to meet other bloggers and gain more followers." 

I am very excited because A) I get to meet new bloggers. B) It is such a sweet recognition. C) It is in German. And as you know, Germany is my family's Old Country and blog namesake!


Here's how you play along!
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you. 
3. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag with the award. 
4. Choose 11 bloggers (with less then 200 followers) and tag them in your post.



1) Eleven Random Things About me: 



2.  As a kid, I never went to Disney World on a family vacation. But we did dig for fossils — both of my parents are geologists. 
3. I have eaten raw cow ... Yep, it's a Lebanese delicacy called Kibe Nia.  I am Lebanese and a great-aunt made me try it at a family reunion.
4.  I swam with Manatees once.
5. In Junior High, I was on a breakdancing/hip-hop team. lolz
6. I also used to highlight my naturally black hair blonde-ish ... 
7.  When I was a kid, I would watch the movie Overboard to fall asleep.  What can I say, I find Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn soothing.
8. I have studied German, Arabic, Latin and Spanish. Sadly, I only speak English.
9. Cake Ball baker since before it was cool.
10. My childhood dog Penny Lane is still kicking. I got her in first grade, and I just graduated from college. She's a sweet 15+-year-old schnauzer. (You guys already know Rasco)
11.  ESTJ - If you do not know your Meyers-Briggs type I suggest you drop everything and find out now

2) My answers to Haley's questions: 

Vintage dresses in summer make me feel like this (image from Pinterest).

1. Favorite recipe? Eggplant Parmesan. Not too unhealthy. Easy. Seems fancier than it is.
2. What's in your bag? Audio Recorder (for oral history project), Wallet, Keys, Phone, Pens, Moleskine, Heavenly VS spray, Dove Deo, Chapstick, Collapsable Reusable Grocery Bag, my God why do I save so many receipts?!
3. Secret celebrity crush? Salma Hayek
4. Dream job? Travel Writer
5. Favorite type of clothing? Vintage Dresses in the Summer Time
6. Something you loved when you were little? My pink pillow
7. Favorite song at the moment? Barbara Lynn covering Elvis "Don't Be Cruel"
8. Savory or sweet? Sweet
9. Early morning or late night? Late at Night
10. Favorite season? Fall (HALLOWEEN AND BIRTHDAY TIME!)
11. One goal for the year? Lower my cholesterol?


3) My questions for the winners:

I want to be LL's BFF (again, from Pinterest). 

1.  Weirdest thing you have ever eaten?
2.  Favorite vacation?
3.  Best advice you have ever gotten?
4.  Favorite ice cream flavor?
5.  TV show you have watched every episode of twice?
6.  What song gets you pumped up?
7.  Cats or Dogs?
8.  If you could befriend a fictional character, who would it be?
9.  Got any bad habits? 
10. Why did you decide to blog?
11. Describe your perfect date.

4) My picks (I'm bad, I didn't hit 11)

Chelsea at Going Dutch
Stephanie at SeeStephBlog
Shanna at Baby Eliza Boutique 

Of Course my nominator? Nominatoree? ... the lovely Haley at Les Petite Joies 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips