Sunday, August 19, 2012

Three Birthdays & Cake Batter Truffles

Birthday Week
‘Tis the season for cake and ice cream

This week I’m light on story, but heavy in cake and calories as I want to pay tribute to a busy birthday week. No, it’s not my Cake Day, but the week of August 27, holds birthdays for three important people in my life: My Dad and two of my best friends Rachael and Emily (who actually have the same birthday). 

With Rach back in 2008. But we look the same :)

A very silly picture with Emily junior year of college.  

As Rachael and Emily both recently moved out of Louisiana to do exciting doctor and grad school things, respectively, I will not be spending the day with them. But, I hope they have wonderful, relaxing days — these hard-working ladies deserve it. 

So with birthdays on the brain, I made some of my cake batter truffles. They are super rich, but insanely delicious. Did I mention they taste just like birthday cake?

Photo by Robert Giglio

Ingredients:
   1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
   1 3/4 cups confectioners sugar, sifted
   2 3/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips, melted
   1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
   1 1/2 cups confetti cake mix
   Sprinkles

Beat cream cheese and confectioners sugar until smooth (cream them).
Blend in Cake Mix.
Add melted chocolate and vanilla.
Blend until smooth.
Refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour. 
Pinch off pieces of dough and roll into 1” balls. 
Roll balls in sprinkles for a festive topping.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

Blogging tips