Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Be Nice or Leave

No recipe this week for the first time ever. My sister and I are making a ton of Holiday food for Thanksgiving and the finishing touches won't be done until tomorrow. So enjoy your Thanksgiving and my holiday message. 


Found these Thanksgiving cuties on Pinterest.

The holidays have sort of commenced, which means a lot of really great things: cookies, cakes, cheese, pie, to name a few. 


There is a myriad of foods that we indulge in just this time of year. Like grandma’s famous this and the thing mom has been making since you were three. Food is one of many things family’s share during the holidays. It is a tradition, and gosh darn it, it makes you happy. 


So, that’s why all I want for Christmas is for you to be nice to yourself. Enjoy your time with your loved ones and have seconds. Now, I am a proponent of healthy eating. But, I also believe that you shouldn't deny yourself life's little joys like Thanksgiving pecan pie and cookies shaped like snowmen.  
Weighing yourself down with grief and stressing over food is no way to spend the holidays.  Which is why I decided to add the "No Diet Talk" button to my blog.  

While I am a proponent of healthy lifestyles, that doesn't mean making food or you "skinny." I will never subject my readers to weight loss talk. This is a place where food is pleasurable. I think everybody should be respected and taken care of, and that means allowing it some sweetness from time to time. That's my soapbox. And I hope we can all just spread kindness this holiday season, which means being nice to ourselves. 


With this message in mind, I would like to wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving! I am thankful this year to cook a feast with my mother and sister. I can't remember the last Turkey Day we were all together.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips