Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Christmas Recap 2012 and A Happy 2013

Christmas 2012 & NYE 2013
In pictures ... 

Instead of just one recipe, I am linking to all of them! 

Take a look at my photos and click the links you like.


Christmas calavera nutcrackers.
My man begging for the bacon infused German dishes. 
My personal favorite ... Beef Rouladen AKA beef wrapped bacon.
Robert's Plate: Beer Sausage, Hot German
Potato Salad (my first salad sans vegetables and heavy on the bacon grease),
Beef Rouladen, Sauerbraten, Sauerkraut, Blaukraut
My plate holds a lot of future recipes. As you know my German grandma learned to cook for my Lebanese grandpa
and my plate is full of kibe and mishi mafoof (phonetic).
Our German Christmas Eve Feast, Weihnachten. 
Opening my gifts from Christkind
The Man, again. 
Christmas Day Schnecke with the other side of the family.
A German take on Yankee Swap, or do you call it
Naughty Santa?
My cousin's kitty, Toulouse. But don't let the bow fool you.
My favorite Schnecke prize. Has anyone seen these before? So cool.
Note: I didn't watch the entire instructional YouTube video.
I know it's a little early for King Cake but we had some on NYE anyway :) Yes, that is a baby Jesus poking out.
New Years Cabbage and Black Eyed Peas for money and luck in 2013. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips