Wednesday, January 16, 2013

My Oma & Pink Champagne


So, you all know my Oma. My inspiration for my blog. Her pictures are in my header and her wonderful German and Lebanese recipes are what fuel my posts.  She is currently in the hospital after a stroke on Friday.  


Things have been waxing and waning and her health has declined. Oma is not extended family. She helped raise me. And, my mother, aunt, sister, brother-in-law, father and me have been returning the love and care.  We have been helping take care of her in the hospital. 

Oma and me at my graduation, May 2012. She loves the Tigers!
It all seems so surreal because she taught me how to make Hazelnut cookies on Thursday. I promise to one day share the recipe with you all — it would be too hard right now.

I debated typing any message today.  But it is cathartic and normal in all the stress that has been surrounding me. 

The reason for the "& Pink Champagne" portion of the title is that since Oma has been in the hospital, we play music for her and talk to her about her favorite things, like Cary Grant movies and recipes.  

She was able to talk to us yesterday about one of her favorite movies "An Affair to Remember." 
We used to watch it when I was little and in one scene Deborah Kerr orders pink champagne.  Well, I just thought that was the classiest thing as a kid. And, I have since been obsessed with fancy pink champagne. 

When Oma mentioned "An Affair to Remember," I reminded her of the pink champagne.  She told me that I should go have some. Which is just so Oma.  

I love this pin up she sent to my grandpa in Korea. 


Please keep Oma in your thoughts and prayers.  

Or have a glass of pink champagne and toast to her ...

From Pinterest
From Pinterest
From Pinterest
From Pinterest
Add cotton candy to make pink balls in your champagne.
From Pinterest.



5 comments:

  1. Thinking of her and your family, and sending good vibes your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Kristen, thank you so much. All of the support for me and my family at this time is so appreciated.

      Delete
  2. Your Oma is too sweet!!! Thinking about you all!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. All of the love being sent my Oma's way is so appreciated!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips