Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Chocolate! Peanut Butter! Pretzel! Cookies & Moving

My parents were kind enough to drive a Uhaul cross country for me with my dog in tow.  I cannot do enough to thank them, but I made sure to have these crazy delicious cookies waiting upon their arrival. 


I created a delicious concoction of my dad's three favorite goodies: Peanut Butter, Chocolate & Pretzels. I'm pretty proud of how this original recipe came out and I wanted to share it with you! 

Snapped these pictures at my sister's the night before the big move!

Original Chocolate! Peanut Butter! Pretzel! Cookies 


• 1 1/2 cups crunchy peanut butter
• 1 cup light brown sugar
• 1 stick (half cup) softened unsalted butter
• 1 egg
• 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 1 1/2 tsp almond extract
• 1 cup crushed pretzels
• Half bag chocolate chips (4 ounces)


Cream sugar and butter.
Beat in egg and almond extract.  
Add in peanut butter.
Blend in dry ingredients.
Once everything is blended, mix in pretzels and chocolate chips.
Roll dough into 1” balls and place on greased baking sheet.
Flatten with fork.
Bake at 375 for 12 minutes. 




So I moved ... 

You can take the girl out of New Orleans ... 


I moved to DC officially this week.  But I have kind of been living here for a month ... more on that later.  For now, I would like to share a little about my new apartment.  I am still unpacking, so in lieu of a boring moving post, I am going to share some of my apartment wants from Pinterest. Doesn't that sound fun?


These agate bookends from etsy will look great on my mantle, via Pinterest



I am dreaming about these elephants in turquoise or yellow, via Pinterest



This Anthropologie lamp, via Pinterest


I am obsessed with my new Ikea throw, via Pinterest ... 




So are my fur nephew Louie and my little guy Rasco! 



For more of my apartment wants check out this board on Pinterest


2 comments:

  1. aawww i like the pets.. plus peanut butter cookies i just love the peanut butter in any form :) will try your recipe..have a good day dear !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, if you try them, let me know how they come out!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips