Tuesday, June 11, 2013

How to throw a Pride Party

Special Tuesday Post because tomorrow is going to be an extra busy, but exciting day ... 

See you next Wednesday!


Last week was Pride here in DC, so I compiled a helpful handbook on how to throw an awesome Pride Party ... 



1.  Dress up your pets in matching rainbow bandanas.



2.  Cook a lot of colorful food.



3.  Be on the Pride Parade route. 




Let's go back to number two ...
& explore my pride recipes 



Rainbow Pasta Salad 

12-14 oz tri color pasta
1 1/2 - 2 chopped cucumbers
1 onion chopped 
A dozen quartered cherry tomatoes
1 cup Italian dressing (I used light Newman's)

Cook pasta as directed.  Allow to cool.  
Layer vegetables, pasta and dressing. 
Mix. 
Allow to cool for a minimum of two hours.
Serve.




Rainbow Cupcakes 

1 box white cake mix
Food coloring. 

My cupcake baking according to instagram. 

Mix cake as directed.
Separate batter into as many bowls as colors you wish to make.
I wanted to use six colors, so I set out six bowls.
Dollop one spoon of color at a time, filling cups 3/4 of the way.
Bake as directed.
Cool and apply icing.
And sprinkles.
Serve.




Make a Rainbow Veggie Tray
& set out some Rainbow Fruit




So, there you have it ... 
I had a fabulous time at my first DC Pride Parade. 
But, it honestly just made me miss Mardi Gras, 
which no offense but it certainly didn't have the pageantry I am used to.  
I guess I just have to get used to non-New Orleans parades ... 
or go home for Mardi Gras every year :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips