A couple of weeks ago there was a going away party for my friend Candace, who is leaving DC for sunny California. A lot of Washingtonians will be missing Candace, but we are all excited for her next step.
With her favorite flavors in mind, I crafted a cupcake and a couple of icing recipes for her going away BBQ. All the cupcakes were an original Cinnamon Cupcake recipe, while there was an option of two original boutique icings: Salted Caramel or Banana Cream Cheese.
So, without further ado ...
· 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
· 1 1/2 cups cake flour (not self- rising), sifted
· 1 tablespoon baking powder
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 1.5 tablespoon ground cinnamon
· 1/8 tsp nutmeg
· 1/8 tsp clove
· small pinch of cardamom
· 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
· 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
· ¼ cup sugar
· 4 large eggs, room temperature
· 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
· 1 1/4 cups milk