Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Pistachio Shortbread Cookies

Pistachio Shortbread Cookies

The Most Addictive Cookie in my Cookie Repertoire 


I made these beauties for my friend Leah's birthday! We all concluded these were my most addictive confection. 


·      1 stick butter (I used about 1T shy of a stick)
·      8-9 T Plain Greek Yogurt
·      3/4 cup confectioners sugar
·      Slight pinch salt (depending on saltiness of pistachios)
·      2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
·      6-8 oz cup coarsely chopped pistachios
·      2T almond or arak extract
·      Sugar for dusting
·      White chocolate for dipping

Chop pistachios in a food processor.
Cream butter, yogurt, confectioners sugar and salt in a large bowl.
Beat in flour and extract until dough forms.
Form 8-inch logs with dough.
Wrap securely in plastic/foil/parchment paper and freeze for 30 minutes to 1 month (I froze mine overnight).
Cut dough into ¼ slices and lightly dust with sugar.
Bake at 325 on parchment and greased baking sheets for 10 minutes, rotating twice.
Allow to cool. 

Optional:
If you would like to add sweetness to the cookies, dip them in melted white chocolate.


Enjoy!

2 comments:

Blogging tips