Pistachio Shortbread CookiesThe Most Addictive Cookie in my Cookie Repertoire
|I made these beauties for my friend Leah's birthday! We all concluded these were my most addictive confection.|
· 1 stick butter (I used about 1T shy of a stick)
· 8-9 T Plain Greek Yogurt
· 3/4 cup confectioners sugar
· Slight pinch salt (depending on saltiness of pistachios)
· 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
· 6-8 oz cup coarsely chopped pistachios
· 2T almond or arak extract
· Sugar for dusting
· White chocolate for dipping
Chop pistachios in a food processor.
Cream butter, yogurt, confectioners sugar and salt in a large bowl.
Beat in flour and extract until dough forms.
Form 8-inch logs with dough.
Wrap securely in plastic/foil/parchment paper and freeze for 30 minutes to 1 month (I froze mine overnight).
Cut dough into ¼ slices and lightly dust with sugar.
Bake at 325 on parchment and greased baking sheets for 10 minutes, rotating twice.
Allow to cool.
If you would like to add sweetness to the cookies, dip them in melted white chocolate.