Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Snow Sno-Balls

Being from New Orleans, this is my first time living in real, traffic stopping snow. And, I don't like it. Rasco really, really does not like it. He spent two minutes on the ground which culminated in crying. Yes, he is getting booties. Until then, we are relying on socks and two minute potty trips. 

On the plus side, I saw children having a snow ball fight yesterday, I had actually never seen that before in real life. It was sweet. It is a very weird sensation to be an adult experiencing snow for the first time. I also decided to make snow ice cream. There were recipes all over the Internet and tons of clean, none-trotted on snow on my balcony, so I decided to give it a shot. 

In the end, I think a better term is snow sno-ball. My snow ice cream was a very similar consistency to a condensed milk New Orleans sno-ball. Instead of a SnoWizard machine, this one was made by Mother Nature. 


Snow Sno-Balls
Somehow it tastes like home?

Half cup of milk, I used almond milk
1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
1/4 cup sugar
Start with 2 cups of snow, but I ended up shoveling more in ... 
Salt

Combine milk, vanilla & sugar, stirring until sugar is dissolved. 


Add two cups of snow — adding as much as you need for it to get a whipped, ice creamy consistency. I ended up scooping two or more measuring cup fulls of snow. 


Allow to freeze a couple of minutes. 
Add salt to the top, about 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon? And enjoy! 
Or skip the salt and pour Kahlua over it ... 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips