Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Amsterdam & Appeltaart

The Third in my Food & Travel series: 
The Appeltaart & Amsterdam


Cafe Winkel Appeltaart 
Dutch Apple Pie 

When I asked a couple of friends what I should do in Amsterdam, I got a resounding "GO TO CAFE WINKEL!" And, order the appeltaart


And it was excellent advice — as you can see! Cafe Winkel is located in the Jordaan (I loved this Amsterdam neighborhood) and has a very European al fresco vibe. Several copycat recipes can be found online. This one looks pretty good ... but I doubt anything can beat the deep crust, rich apple flavor of the real deal. 


Amsterdam
Home of the yellow tulip, my favorite! 










Our Amsterdam highlights ... 
The Park
My black jumpsuit purchase in the Jordaan
Cafe Winkel
The little white dog that pranced on the canal
The little boat that played music a la the Mary Poppins chimney sweep & went in circles
Tulips
Getting lost in the red light district Chinatown
Cheese
Bicycles
Amsterdam Centraal 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips