Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Today in adorable things ... a crochet baby bunny hat



I'm the baby of the family, so I don't know a lot about babies. Don't get me wrong, I've always liked babies. They are just sort of a mystery to me. Now, I'm getting to the age where they are becoming less mysterious. No, not because I am having a baby. C'mon, I'm still just a 25-year-old who isn't sure what she wants to be when she grows up.  But, because some of the people I love most are having babies. One of my bridesmaids had the most beautiful little girl in the world -- I'm not exaggerating -- last December. And, my cousin (also a bridesmaid) is due any day.

With babies, come baby showers. I recently helped host my cousin's baby shower. As a gift, I decided to crochet a hat for the baby girl — with bunny ears, because hello they're adorable. 

I'm still really new to crochet, though. I only picked it up in January (there were a couple of failed attempts just before Christmas). During the harsh Pittsburgh winter, I needed a new hobby.  I mean I just spent SO MUCH TIME indoors. So, after finishing a fabulous infinity scarf, I decided to make something for the new bundle. It was my first time making something for a baby. And, making something for a baby (even when it's not yours) gives you warm fuzzies like you wouldn't believe. It requires lots of imagination, daydreaming, anticipation and love. While you are excited for the new little life to wear your gift, you are ten times more excited to get to know the new little person. 

Since I am new to crochet, I used two tutorials to make this adorable hat (link) with bunny ears (link). 

Hoppy stitching! 

1 comment:

Blogging tips